· 6 strips bacon
· 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cut in half throughthe core
· Kosher salt and freshly ground blackpepper
· 2 shallots, minced
· ½ teaspoon ground cumin
· 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
· 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
· 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Cook the bacon in a large cast-iron pan in the ovenor on the stovetop until browned and crisp and the fat has rendered out, about10 minutes. Set the bacon aside on a cutting board to let cool. Increase theoven temperature to 450 degrees F.
3. Arrange the Brussels sprouts in a single layer inconcentric circles, cut-side down, in the bacon fat in the pan. Sprinkle withsalt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until the sprouts begin tocaramelize, about 4 minutes . When they begin to brown, transfer the pan to theoven and roast until charred and tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Return the pan to medium heat. Transfer the sproutsto a bowl, leaving some fat behind. Add the shallots and cumin to the pan andcook, stirring often, until the shallots soften and the cumin smells fragrant,1 to 2 minutes. Add the maple syrup, mustard and salt and pepper to taste, andwhisk until bubbly. Add the sprouts to the sauce and remove the pan from theheat. Add the chives and stir to coat the sprouts in the sauce. Transfer to aserving plate.
5. Chop the bacon and sprinkle on top.