- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 11-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, grated ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2¼ pounds total), cut into 6 cubes each 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, syrup, yogurt, oil, cilantro, ginger, and allspice. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken cubes and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes, or use metal skewers. Drain the chicken from the marinade and stick 3 cubes on each skewer. Season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning on all sides to cook and caramelize the chicken evenly, about 8 minutes in all. Remove the skewers to a platter, and garnish with the chives and poppy seeds.