· 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 2 medium leeks (white and light green parts), thinly sliced and well rinsed
· 2 cloves garlic, chopped
· 1tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
· 2 teaspoons curry powder
· 2 ½ cups plain popped popcorn
· 1 quart chicken stock
· 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
· ½ cup heavy cream
· Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
· Kosher salt
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add theleeks and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and currypowder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add 2 cups of thepopcorn and toss to coat in the butter.
2. Add the stock, pumpkin and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer. Cookuntil the leeks are very tender, the popcorn has dissolved away from thekernels and the kernels are softened, about 15 minutes.
3. Puree the soup with a hand blender or in batches in a counter top blender. Stir in the lime juice and taste for seasoning, adding a little salt if necessary. Thin with up to 1/2 cup water, if desired. Serve in individual bowls with the remaining popcorn as a garnish.